Friday, January 16, 2009

Week 8: Thing #18

I took a look at Google Docs (word, spreadsheets, presentation tools) as this was often mentioned in my training sessions. I think there are a few advantages of online tools such as word documents and spreadsheets.

Firstly, I could edit it on any computer, even on computers without Microsoft office.
Secondly, I can share the documents with my students or friends and invite them to collaborate and add input to my original document, without saving different versions of the same document each time someone edits it and sends the document back to me.

The only thing is that I may not be able to control what is being edited. However, compared to perhaps wikis, you have a lot of control about who will edit the document.

I have not really used these tools in my own classes but this is something worth exploring.

No comments: